Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

odd tempartures

• Please log in to reply

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
before I open my case maybe these temperatures are effected by how the long the system has been running before testing

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
These are my actual speedfan temps and fan speeds and my system has been running for about
5 months solid.
I reboot every other day but unless replacing a internal component my system runs all the time.

Also note my 12+ volt rail compared to what yours is showing..
I still think that is a problem.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

temperatures are effected by how the long the system has been running before testing

Nope. If you don't use any demanding applications, temps should stay at about same level.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The temps will change slightly due to the air temp in the room. It should not be a drastic change unless the room temp is doing a really drastic change.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
well my pc is mainly for gaming but have not played any games for awhile a rshaffer weird question are you running to hard drives or something I know HD in compter talk is hard drive but I'm un-sure in this program

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
sorry and two 123runner I actually keep it chilly in this room so I highly doubt thats a cause

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

The temps will change slightly due to the air temp in the room

That's it.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
so my core temperature is super hot because its cold in my room?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
No :)
We said, they shouldn't change MUCH, with room temp changes.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
oh lol,I got ya now so in a minute I'll open up my case and clean it up and will tell you if my temperature changes

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Also note my 12+ volt rail compared to what yours is showing..
I still think that is a problem.

If you mean that +11.43V, the ATX Form Factor standard calls for +12V +/- 5%. 5% of 12 is .6V so you are barely in there and I would keep an eye on it over a wide range of loads.

temperatures are effected by how the long the system has been running before testing

Nope. If you don't use any demanding applications, temps should stay at about same level.

Temperatures are affected by how long the system has been running. But, once the computer reaches normal operating temperature, the temperatures will stabilize, then vary depending on the load presented by the test, and ambient temps.

It really does not matter if the room is freezing if the case is not providing sufficient front to back air flow through the case by pulling that cool air in. Then it really does not matter how much air the case is moving through it if everything is covered and clogged with heat trapping dust and dirt.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

Temperatures are affected by how long the system has been running.

Hmmm...my system has been up for 5 hours now, running mostly Firefox, Thunderbird, and Windows Explorer.
CPU temp stays at constant 18C (+\- 2C)

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
like I said I'll post back when I cleaned the case(hope that did not come off as rude)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Hmmm...my system has been up for 5 hours now, running mostly Firefox, Thunderbird, and Windows Explorer.
CPU temp stays at constant 18C (+\- 2C)

And that is normal. If you put a load on it, such as running a benchmark, or do some folding where the CPU is run at 100% full time, the temperatures are sure to rise. Then once the system goes to idle, the temperature will drop back to idle temperatures.

BTW - unless you are running alternative cooling, or you have your computer in a refrigerator, there is NO WAY your computer is running at 18°C in Southern California. 18°C = 64.4°F and it would defy the Laws of Physics for a heat generating machine to be cooler internally than the surrounding environment using conventional (fans) cooling.

Edited by Digerati, 09 July 2009 - 08:30 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

If you put a load on it, such as running a benchmark, or do some folding where the CPU is run at 100% full time, the temperatures are sure to rise. Then once the system goes to idle, the temperature will drop back to idle temperatures.

Total agreement here.

Posted Image

Store bought computer.