My problem is the following : My old P4 isn't working at all!
No fan spinning, no sign of life at all! The only thing that I see when i plug it is the "green LED" on the Motherboard.
The computer is 6 year old I think
The specification If i remember well are:
- MotherBoard P4P800 SE ASUS
- CPU P4 2,4 ghz i think ; overclocked at 5% for 4 year maybe
- Changed the videocard 2time, last time : last year (AGP 8x).
- Changed the Ram for 2x 2gig DDR2(i think) last year.
- Powersupply died 1x 2year ago, 1x last month (replaced it by an old powersupply that i had on an older computer, worked for a month) and finally all stopped working last week.
So i thought it could be the powersupply again since i didn't use a new one. Bought a new one but didn't work.
Doing some test on my own, mixing stuffs with an other computer to know iF is was because of it...
Now i know 2 things :
- The new powersupply is totaly fine
- The "Box" is fine too
There is a green LED on the motherboard working but the power doesn't seem to reach anything else. it does nothing when i hit the power button (and the box isn't the problem). The DVD, the old burner, the HD isnt working at all. No fan spinning, no BEEP! Nothing except the green led...
So im down, i think, with 2 possibility :
The motherboard is dead or/and the CPU is.
What do you think?
And what should i do. Since it is the "family computer" that will be used only for Words, Internet, Video; I don't want to buy a new computer, neither something better. I just want to patch it so i could work a bit more.
How can I know if is it the Motherboard or the CPU or both that i need to replace? Should I look for an old P4P800 again (and maybe the old CPU with it)? any thoughts of pieces that could do the trick?
Edited by Pascal LT, 08 July 2009 - 08:12 PM.