Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can I delete these photos?

• Please log in to reply

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 3 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
rshaffer61: Here is an update on my original problem -- how to free up space on my harddrive.

With your (and others') encouragement I finally learned how to delete files I no longer wanted. I found hundreds of large MP# podcast files that I have been "automatically" subscribed to that I had no reason to keep. I deleted them all and now have 7GB of free memory. My system has never been more dependable and responsive.

I am now working to put backup copies of many of my important files on to my new external harddrive. I wonder if there is a free backup application that I should be using for this??

You commented that I should improve my toolkit and I have downloaded Everest. Should I be doing something more with it, now? Or should I be using this on a routine basis, for what?

I appreciate all the help I have gotten here and i welcome any further suggestions.

• 34,114 posts
Everest is a good tool to find out what your system has in it hardware wise.
By toolkit i am really implying the tools that you should have and use on regular bases to keep your system tuned up.

Anti virus.....Avast or Avira
Malware protection...Malwarebytes
Spyware protection....SuperAntiSpyware
Firewall...Windows Built in or Comodo
Defragging.. Windows built in, JKDefrag or Auslogics
Temp File Cleaner...TFC or AFT

From this point then you should always be able to keep your system running as good as humanly possible. This is in no way a guarantee you will not have a problem. If an issue does arrive GTG is always here to help out if needed.