Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Added a password to wireless but now cannot connect

• Please log in to reply

omegjs

omegjs

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I setup my wireless network and all was well. I then saw that someone unknown was on my network so decided to put a password. I went to the default IP 192.168.2.1 and put in a password. There were many options and I did something wrong. Now I can't use the wireless and can't even get back on the default IP.

I am not very comfortable with all the wireless so detailed instructions would be good as to what steps I can take. I can plug my computer back into the wired router and things are fine. But I would like the wireless to work too.

Thank you for your help.
Jennifer

Advertisements

Untalented

Untalented

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
Hello omegjs,

What is the model number for your router? Also do the following for me:

Step 1 - Determine your Default Gateway and DNS Addresses:
  • Select Start
  • Click Run
  • Type cmd and click Ok
  • In the new command prompt window, please type the following commands:
    • ipconfig
  • Make note of the Default Gateway

Type this address in your browser when plugged into the network. Can you connect to your routers interface? What is the address it is giving you?

omegjs

omegjs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I just reset the router and all is well. Thank you all the same.

Untalented

Untalented

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
Np glad it worked out.