Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot XP CD BIOS F8 Problems

• Please log in to reply

gemini22

gemini22

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I would like to know If ANYBODY out there has had the same problem as I. I boot the XP CD into bois, allow things to install, K.O now here's the Problem: The License Agreement comes up and instructs me to hit the F8 key, to agree. I push the F8 key and.......NOTHING!!!! Happens!!!!! Please Help me with this? ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanx Gemini22

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Welcome to GTG
I have a logitech keyboard that I have to hit a key that says F lock on it. you may have a key like this on your keyboard????
<_<

gemini22

gemini22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Tazz, thanx for the reply. Nope, I have no f lock key on my key board. My key board came with a CD. I installed it and found out it is an Internet keyboard and I can program it to hit one certain button and find the website of my choice, which is cool and all but I want to repair my BABY before it goes down all the way. I can't even access secure sites nor download anything. Windows comes up with the some ol' error (0x800c0005). I have not been able to get a Windows update since may 20 2004! That's why it is soooo critical to repair MY BABY! She's an only child!!!! Thanx again, Gemini

gemini22

gemini22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Forum, It's Gemini22, I have solved my problem. I got rid of my Norton thur instructions I found on the net. All of a sudden I had full access to the net, windows update, and secure sites. I didn't have to worry about the F8 key not working while in bios because I do not need a repair. I now have AOL andgave up HEI as my ISP. Norton is gone. AVG is gone and I now have McAfee through AOL. I've installed all of my updates. My computer is working GREAT!!!! I'm so happy, thank you all for your concerns!!!! Happy surfing!!!! Gemini22