Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to convert plain formatted text into HTML?

• Please log in to reply

simard

simard

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I have a long list that I wish to post on my website. And for each item on the list, it is important that some words be bolded and others italicised. It would take a very long time to enter the tags <b></b> <i></i> manually. I believe I have seen a long time ago a website where you may input text, and it will put the tags on for you. Just the very basic tags, like for bolding. But I searched Google thoroughly, and either this website does not exist or I am using the wrong terminology to describe it.

If anyone here could point me to a website that converts regular text into text with basic HTML tags, it would be *much* appreciated! :)

Alternatively, if this is impossible, could you recommend me the best free program to download to do the job?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisements

Austin Gatchell

Austin Gatchell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Textile is a pretty good and easy to use markup language that converts simple text into valid (X)HTML. For example, to make text bold use *some bold text*. I'm using it for a website I'm working on in PHP, but if you have a website with just plain HTML, you can use the Textile preview to convert to (X)HTML that you can copy and paste into your website. There are many other good markup languages that you can use as well, but I would recommend Textile.

Textile Website

I hope this helps.

simard

simard

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yay. :) Thanks a lot.