Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Volume buttons not working. Screen brightness not changing.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts

I recently sent my computer to the university computer repair people and had it reformatted, but my volume buttons don't work anymore. Also, the right side of my mousepad/trackpad doesn't scroll down pages anymore like it used to. I looked at the Sony website for drivers and couldn't find any that can fix the problem.... unless I didn't look hard enough or in the right places. Any help would be awesome.

EDIT: The function-key combination to change the screen brightness also doesn't work, but the function key itself works, because I can do Fn-PageDown, Fn-Home, etc. I also found the driver for the touchpad, so I can scroll now. The A/V / pause/play/FF buttons near the power button also aren't working.

Edited by Jrex76, 11 July 2009 - 12:14 AM.