Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I increase pixel size of image without it deteriorating?

• Please log in to reply

Chris148

Chris148

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an image which is 1490 pixels wide and 300dpi and it's just over 2MB. I have been asked to provide a digital photograph to a magazine and they have requested it to be 1800 pixels wide which they said would be about 12MB. Can I increase the pixels without the image deteriorating and how would I do this?

Edited by Chris148, 10 July 2009 - 05:39 AM.

Advertisements

Dianna Gail

Dianna Gail

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have scanned a photo for making my own font. The company is requesting a width of 1000 to 4000 and a height of more than 1000 and not more than 5000. My image is width 1275 and height 1750. They blocked my uploading to because they say it isn't big enough. I haven't contacted them yet to ask why it isn't acceptable but how would I increase it with out it deteriorating? Have you any ideas on this?