Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Sidebar Problem

• Please log in to reply

adams0423

adams0423

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
A friend just called who is running Vista Home Premium (I have the same). She told me that her Windows Sidebar news feeds hadn't updated since June 30. I enabled my sidebar (I normally don't use) and it also was showing June 30 dates. Any ideas why? I only have the default MS feeds.

Thanks!

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Hm I just enabled mine and they show July 10th. Not really sure how to help with this one :)

-mp

adams0423

adams0423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Has me stumped as well. I've deleted and re-added the Sidebar gadget, and tried tips I've found in MS forums, but no luck. I believe Google has its own Sidebar that I may recommend to her.

jevvv

jevvv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have to say that we're having the same problem- no updates to the sidebar newsfeeds since June 30th.

Two computers affected by this- mine is Win Vista home premium, hubby's is Win Vista business