Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will an XPS motherboard fit? If not........

• Please log in to reply

djrazr

djrazr

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I currently have a dell xps gen 3pc. I picked up a atx thermaltake armor mx vh8000 mid tower, and thinking about doing a transfer. I was wondering if the dell motherboard will fit in my new case? I hear that dell motherboards will not fit, or i shouldn't, so i would like to get some answers before i try.

If it don't fit, or i can't, then can someone recommend a motherboard/cpu bundle?
I'm not into gaming, or video, audio editing. i mostly use my pc to burn dvd's, download, watch movies, and browse the internet. I see so many mobo/cpu bundles, i'm kinda confused on what i should get. I see some here but i don't know. Looking to not spend more than $250. Kinda tight on funds. A lot of it is confusing with all the numbers. What's the most importants thing to look at?
http://www.tigerdire...otherboard-CPUs

I'll be transfering my memory over which are ddr2, hard drives...etc

I'm new to all of this

thanks

Edited by djrazr, 10 July 2009 - 09:34 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Dells are unique pieces of hardware and very rarely are transferable to another case. Without knowing the exact model number it's hard to confirm if it'll fit into another case but they very rarely do and in those situations where they do fit, you usually find something else doesn't go either. Therefore the logical assumption is it won't go.