Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD Samsung Syncmaster "glitches"

• Please log in to reply

VBlade

VBlade

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello everyone! I just signed up here and really could use some help on this one. I'm pretty familiar with computers, but cant seem to solve this probem. You see, my LCD is going crazy and glitchy sometimes... i have provided a link to the screenshot to see what i mean... i pointed the glitches out. I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit, SP1, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD4670 512DDR3, Athlon X2 7850+ Black Edition... i just got this PC a week ago; on my old PC i never had this kind of problem... i tried updating my drivers for the graphics card, but it didn't help. So any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated :)
I'll be more than happy to answer any questions about the monitor/PC if that helps :)
Thx in advance! BTW it doesnt only happen in WMP/in that area of the screen...it can randomly pop up and dissapear when i move my mouse over it and/or open a new window etc... :)

EDIT: DOH forgot the link :)
http://yfrog.com/59lcderj
Sorry :)

Edited by VBlade, 11 July 2009 - 06:54 AM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Did you get the monitor new too. Try the monitor on another computer, and another monitor on your computer to see if the problem follows the monitor, or stays with the PC.

Beyond that, since this is a week old, don't hesitate to take it back.

And your link is not working for me.

Edited by Digerati, 10 July 2009 - 08:41 PM.

VBlade

VBlade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the reply :)
But like i said, on my old PC that glitch never occured,and the monitor is barely 6 months old, i never had problems with it befor this... BTW i added a new link, try if that one works:
Link for the glitch

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Upgrade to SP3 as this will have needed updates for XP.
The other issue is when you go into video properties is your monitor showing or is it showing a plug and play monitor?
If plug and play did you recieve a drivers disk for the monitor?
If not let us know and we can try to locate the drivers for that monitor.
Please include the model of your monitor as Samsung made hundreds of LCD's

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

But like i said, on my old PC that glitch never occured,and the monitor is barely 6 months old, i never had problems with it befor this

That only tells us the monitor is not brand new - information we did not have before. Beyond that, it means nothing! So like I said, you need to try another monitor on this computer to see if the problem is with the computer, or your 6-month old monitor not liking your new computer. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Upgrade to SP3 as this will have needed updates for XP.

1 week old computer, with Vista SP1 installed.

I would look to see if there are new graphics drivers, but if a 1 week old computers starts acting up, I think return.

VBlade

VBlade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried my old monitor on the PC (lucky i had 2 monitors), and its all good, no problems at all... but it can't be the LCD either, because like i said, on my old PC worked flawlessly. I can only think of one possible answer, downgrading my graphics drivers. You see, on my old PC i had older drivers, so maybe if i try that?
Also, i don't have any other problems whatsoever with my new PC, other than this... just so you don't think my PC is all messed up :)

Edited by VBlade, 11 July 2009 - 01:00 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The other issue is when you go into video properties is your monitor showing or is it showing a plug and play monitor?

Have you checked this?
If the system is seeing a plug and play it may not let the lCD function correctly

VBlade

VBlade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Have you checked this?
If the system is seeing a plug and play it may not let the lCD function correctly

Yes i have checked, sorry, forgot to write it. No, it correctly recognises my monitor as a SyncMaster 953BW/953GW,SyncMaster Magic CX953BW/CX953GW(Digital). I will try installing brand new monitor drivers again, mybe they updated them by now. Will let you know the results.

VBlade

VBlade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys, ok, so after roughly a day passed since i installed the drivers, it only happened once, and that was after the install, but before i rebooted my PC. Since i rebooted, it has not happened yet :)
I will post here if it happens again, let's hope it doesnt! :)
Well, thank you for your time, but i still can't believe the solution was to reinstall the drivers (there was no new drivers, so i just reinstalled the old ones). Thanks again! :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To be honest it sounds like a corrupted install of the drivers the first time.
MOBO probably didn't recognize monitor or GPU correctly even showing it did.
Strange but when you are dealing with drivers you have to remember they are software and any number of issues can surface on them.
I'm glad you finally got it to work. Please let us know after a day or two how everything is working.