Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Really weird Blue Screen of Death problem........

• Please log in to reply

chaoscreater

chaoscreater

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys, got a really annoying and weird problem. First of all, i'm using a laptop running WinXP SP3. I've got most of the latest updates so it's stable.

I have A LOT of antivirus programs (FULL VERSIONS) and so I'm pretty sure, if not 99% sure that i have a good defence and have maintained my PC well. I did a lot of scans recently and found no viruses or spywares etc.....

Just to give a list of what I use, and btw they're all up to date and the newest version as of 2009.

RegCure 1.6
Advanced SystemCare 3.2
Avast Antivirus 2009
BitDefender 2009
CCleaner
Combofix
Error Repair Professional 3.9.9
Spyware Blaster
Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 2009
Spyware Guard
Webroot Spysweeper
WinUtilities
Quicksys RegCleaner 2009
Safe'n'Sec 2009
SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 4.26
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38 PRO
Advanced System Protector

and so on.......seriously, I have ****loads of protection and no i don't run all fo them at the same time or on startup, but only some really important ones so no there aren't any conflicts etc.....

Anyway I did the scans and found no virus, maybe one or 2 registry fixes and optimization but that's about it. My PC is totally clean and safe, it's always been like this since ages ago. My PC is up to date with everything, including drivers etc.......

I use Firefox with good protection addons, e.g. addons like Adblock Plus etc.......I also use Opera, i NEVER use Internet Explorer but I did update it to IE8 and also use IE7 Pro to further protect it in case I really have to use IE for whatever reason....

Anyway I'm not keylogged or anything, I can safely say that i'm at an advanced level so i know what i'm doing. Just to let you guys know, there's nothing wrong with my PC.

Ok so finally onto the problem, it only popped up recently and i have no idea why. Everytime I turn up my PC, i get a bluescreen, it happens maybe 3/4 times when i turn on the PC. And sometimes when i've used the PC for maybe 30 mins to 1 hour or so, the bluescreen will pop up suddenly causing my PC to crash.

This is the bluescreen i get everytime i turn on the PC.
Posted Image

This is the bluescreen i get only when my PC has been running for maybe 30 mins or more.
Posted Image

I haven't installed or downloaded or been to any bad websites so i don't believe it's due to a virus. And plus, I also did some Google searches on my bluescreen error and it's due to bad drivers or hardware problem or something like that.....

the thing is, i've cleaned my drivers using Driver Sweeper (to get rid of old drivers) and i've tried reinstalling all my drivers and everything works fine. I also switched the RAM around and basically replug every hardware that's unpluggable from my laptop and everything all works fine, but the problem still shows up.....

And again, I did registry scans, used antivirus programs etc but found no problem, or at least they fixed it if they found one or 2.......

Sorry for this long post but ya plz help, i've found no solutions on Google.

Should i post a HiJackThis log?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Avast Antivirus 2009
BitDefender 2009

Are you running two AV programs at the same time? It's definitely bad idea. One of them has to go.

Error Repair Professional is a rogue program.

RegCure, Quicksys RegCleaner - registry cleaner are not needed, nor recommended; an easy way to mess up your computer

Combofix shouldn't be used, unless you're security pro.

Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC - useless; may cause same kind of damage as registry cleaners

Said that, who knows what kind of damages were already done to your machine.

Open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.
Vista users. You may need to copy .dmp files, paste them into some other folder, or desktop, and zip them there.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
a trick question?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
??

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
As a general rule, you don't need 17 different programs on your computer to keep your system clean. You should only have one antivirus, one firewall, and maybe one or two anti spyware programs.

Other than that Broni pretty much covered everything else.

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Not you Broni.

Anyway I'm not keylogged or anything, I can safely say that i'm at an advanced level so i know what i'm doing. Just to let you guys know, there's nothing wrong with my PC.

This statement stands out, but I suppose it's subject to definition of terms.