Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen appears after starting XP

• Please log in to reply

sdf824

sdf824

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer is about 4-5 years old, running windows XP. When booting up windows, after about 15 seconds or so it immediately goes to a blue screen and restarts. Attempts to enter safe mode result in a series of lines being shown and another restart. I am unable to read the blue screen as it only stays on for less than a second. I have tried the option to disable automatic restart on system failure as I read about it another thread on this forum, but it didn't appear to do anything different. Because of the nature of this problem, I was also unable to complete the preliminary steps listed in the malware and spyware removal guide.

I was redirected to this forum from the windows forums, as I mentioned in that post that the last thing I was doing before this all started was clicking on a download.

Can anyone help?

Advertisements