How are you trying to open Event Viewer
Are you doing it one of the below two ways?
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.
• Go to
• In the Search
box type in Event Viewer
in the search box and press Enter
• From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
• Go to Start
• Right click on the Computer
Icon and select Manage
• Navigate to the Event Viewer
, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
• On the left window pane click on Local
and then expand the Windows
entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
• Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
• If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
• Please include that in your next reply.
Edited by rshaffer61, 11 July 2009 - 08:40 AM.