Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Search Problem

• Please log in to reply

geekstome

geekstome

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
i just reformatted laptop and install xp using my fren cd..
then i realize there is something new in my search function..
it show (as picture attached) instead the classic windows xp search..
how to make it back to classic one? i have to click on the dog to get the classic search..

Posted Image

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this. Open windows search and then see if there is a window that looks like Windows Search example I have attached.
If so then click the Change Preferences and then follow Windows Search2 example I have attached.
If not try going to the top of the window and click on each of the text commands and see if you can find the [b]Change Preferences in one of them.
Let us know if this works and if not there is another way to do it.

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 July 2009 - 10:21 AM.

geekstome

geekstome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
thanks rshaffer61
but it doesn't work , still showing the Windows Search screen , i want each time i hit F3 or Start Menu> Search, it will showing me the classic windows search screen like this

Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download TweakUiXp from the link in my signature below. Then click on the plus sign next to Explorer
In the right window make sure that the Use Classic Search In Explorer is checked.
Click Apply and then OK
Reboot and then try Search again.
Let me know if this works ok

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 July 2009 - 10:47 AM.

geekstome

geekstome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
rshaffer61: thanks ! it so helpful ! i really appreciated all your contribution in this thread..
i try your method but it does not solve my problem , but hey , i found the answer for all this puzzle
by using "Run >
regsvr32 /u "%programfiles%\Windows Desktop Search\wdsShell.dll"
"

credit to : http://www.winhelpon...top-Search.html

thanks rshaffer61 :)

Edited by geekstome, 11 July 2009 - 12:25 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible