Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crashed, can I get back lost files?

• Please log in to reply

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

If malware did 'eat' my pics, is there another, more specific solution to getting my pictures back, like a specific malware-un-doer program?

I am not so sure on how your pics could have just disappeared. Let the malware techs clean you out and that might sort out your problems. Did you try PhotoRec?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You are going to have to go thru the malware forum.
Follow the steps. You can download the programs from another computer and save to a flash drive and then move them over to the infected 1.
If you can't do that, then post that you can not run the programs in that forum.

This may clear up a lot of issues. we need to get you clean of malware, otherwise what we continue to do will be fruitless.

PaulG!

PaulG!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Just an update...I'm doing the malware removal scans now and I noticed the scan was including picture files so they're there! All I have to do now is find out what is messing with my computer, find it and kill it, then I can start looking for the files. Thanks everyone for the past help (and the help you're going to be giving me in the next few weeks!). I really appreciate it!

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Looks like the malware was hiding your picture files... try to clean them out.
Are you finished with a malware tech yet?

PaulG!

PaulG!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Not finished yet. I don't get much time to work on the computer so it takes a while... I did find the pictures, already backed them up (that took a while too!). More later to wrap it all up(hopefully,lol)!

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
All right then... post back when you are done, and let us know how it went. :)