Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphone Beeps

• Please log in to reply

cavfan

cavfan

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
When I am not playing any music on my computer, I can hear very quiet (but very annoying) electronic beeps. This is only when I am not playing music or other audio on my computer, or at least that I can hear. Would this be due to some type of interferance? Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It sure could be interference, but it might be something internal causing it. Are you sure the sounds are from the speakers?

cavfan

cavfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yes it comes through the headphones. I can't hear it from the computer speakers when headphones aren't connected.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Does it happen when you open or close a window?
Hopefully you know why I'm asking Digerati.......... :) :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Yes I do!

cavfan

cavfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
There is sometimes a slight pause in the sounds when I open a new window or program. But then it comes back.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So the beeps are continuous then is what you are saying?
Sounds like a problem with connection but my esteem fellow Tech is the one who can tell you better. :) :)

cavfan

cavfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yes they seem to be pretty much constant. Sometimes they get louder, but always seem to be present.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I don't know what it is but I would try another set of headphones.

Where are you plugging these headphones in? The computer headphone jack, or speaker headphone jack?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you have speakers you can test it with and see if the beeps can be heard then?
A different headphone to try?
In the Volume control check to make sure headphones are selected and not speakers.
Make sure Mic boost is not checked. Could be feedback from that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 3 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

cavfan

cavfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I switched headphones and I don't hear it in others. I guess that must be the problem. The headphones were brand new, so I'm not sure why.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could be a damaged connector or lose wire. I'm glad you found the culprit.

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible