Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Headset

• Please log in to reply

Flame0103

Flame0103

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have this fairly used Headset my uncle gave me the other day and he told me that I need to check if it works, problem is that I never used any type of Headset on my computer before so I don't know how it works.

It's a Logitech 250 Stereo Headset with a Mic. on the Right hand side and it uses the USB to connect.

I plugged it in and I gave me this Hard Drive Installation wizard, it scanned for the new hard drive but said that I needed software or something like that. I checked on the Device Manager and it says that it doesn't have the Driver for the device, but at the same time it says that the device works properly.

So I don't know, can someone help me out with this? What's a Driver and how do I get one for the headset? Thanks.

I have an old computer running on Windows XP Professionals.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
So I did a bit of research, and I'm pretty sure the headset you've listed doesn't need drivers to be used. It is strange that Windows is recognizing it as a hard drive though. Have you tried testing it at all in the sound section of control panel?