Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

may have deleted some important files

• Please log in to reply

frienddoesntlisten

frienddoesntlisten

• Pip
  • 3 posts
this is a very bad situation. i have asked bleeping computer before but no one replied. probably because its so complicated. for the past months, i've been helping my friend do little fixes on the computer. mainly getting rid of virus and spyware with malwarebytes.

the computer gets spyware easily because somehow firewall is disabled along with system restore and windows update.

the other day i installed trend micro internet security because i use this personally and really like it. after it scanned, about 723 virus were quarantined. i deleted about 8 files and thats when the big problems started happening...

1.every time i start the computer, it'll only work for about 5 minutes. ex. going into my documents, my computer after that, a message will come up "insufficient system resources..."

2.none of the virus programs will start

3.the internet no longer connects

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It looks like the computer is seriously infected.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

Because only people trained in malware removal are allowed to help with such issues you will need to repost in the Malware Removal forum HERE

Before you do, follow THIS GUIDE to clear that system up as much as possible and to give the helper as much information as possible to help in assessing the problem. Seeing as the user does not have access to the internet, I suggest you download the programs on this or another system and then transfer them over using a USB drive. And then use the same USB drive to transfer the results and log files back over for posting in the malware forum.

To attempt to fix the internet problem, try:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If the user has Vista or 7:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

frienddoesntlisten

frienddoesntlisten

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks everyone for replying

i will try to do the steps soon...