Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop monitor hardly working

• Please log in to reply

Don_M

Don_M

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a compaq presario C700. The monitor flickers and horizontal lines move down through the display. The only way I can get a good result is to [bleep] the screen at about a 30 degree angle. I did connect to an external monitor and that works too. Any ideas?

Edited by Don_M, 13 July 2009 - 07:41 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I did connect to an external monitor and that works too.

What do you mean that works too?
When you plug in external monitor are you still getting the same issue?

Don_M

Don_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
No. Don't have the same issues with external monitor. Presentation is clear with no distortions.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like the lcd is going out then. Thats a costly repair depending on the cause of the problem.
I would suggest taking it to a laptop repair place and see what they say.
In almost every case I have seen the cost of repairing or replacing a lcd screen on a laptop is not cost effective.
Better to just replace the laptop completely.