Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avi to DVD Software

• Please log in to reply

Ruben Rodriguez

Ruben Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
This has been very frustrating.

I recorded video using my Archos 404 DVR (saves as AVI) and have tried Adobe Premier, Any video convertor (mpg), Xilisoft DVD Creator, to convert my avi file and burn it onto a DVD to playback on a regular dvd and have had no good luck.

My Archos will not capture it in any other format except AVI

Adobe Premier takes FOREVER but has playback problems (will not play on all dvd players)
Xilisoft - will convert the avi to dvd but it takes hours and if you play it on a regular DVD player and try to fast forward it locks up (stops)
Any video converter - will convert it to mpg to reduce the burning time BUT the audio track somehow gets out of sync with the video by a second or 2 so it looks kinda weird when you play it back.

Does anyone know of a better way to capture video and then convert/burn it on a dvd using a computer??

Thank you!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It's not clear here.
You already have some avi file, and you want to make video DVD out of it?
Does the avi file play fine on your computer?