Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering iTunes Music

• Please log in to reply

J.Williams

J.Williams

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Not sure if this is the right place, but following on from: http://www.geekstogo...op-t245343.html I have lost all my purchased iTunes music. I am only given the option of re-buying my music (at least £100's worth). Is there any way to get this purchased music back onto my laptop?

(Also I have a iPod Shuffle, and as such it has some of my purchased music on it but not all)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The instructions in the previous post you link to had you recover the system from the recovery CD/DVD. These wipe the machine and restore only a copy of the operating system, nothing else. All user data is typically wiped, hence why Murray asked in the other thread if you'd backed things up. A handful may elect to copy the entire contents to a folder but these only apply to machines with hard drive recovery solutions which your Toshiba did not have.

Data recovery is a potential option but this can take hours and isn't guaranteed to get any usable data back.