Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

100% CPU usage , screen freezes , Doubleclick , etc

• Please log in to reply

okucu

okucu

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi Guys ,

Even though I've dealt with spyware before , this one started suddenly without any warning pop-ups or screens which I believe usually is the case with spyware .

I've run Malware Antimalwarebytes and it finds "Disabled Security " as 2 entries . I've run Spybot and it finds 4 entries - "Doubleclick" , "rightmedia" , "bluestreak" and "statcounter " .

I clean and it keeps coming back . I had done a format a few months ago and I had saved a brand new Hijacklog then . Looking at that and comparing with what I had today , I erased some 018 and 020 items and brought it to original value at format but I'm sure those entries will come up again . I hardly loaded anything new from the net as I use this PC solely for photographs and logging on to photo websites .

The odd thing is that I can not log into Geeksto Go with it even though I can enter other webpages ! It's as if it is clever to stop me log into spyware help websites . I honestly don't know how you can help me if the trouble with not being able to log into your site continues ( I'm on another PC now ).

Will appreciate your help - otherwise I will do another format ...

The screen also freezes when I'm not connected to internet ( e.g. while using Picasa ) so I also suspect it might be a windows software problem or a processor problem due to age of my notebook (4) ...

Advertisements