Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display shuts off after 15 mins during streaming video

• Please log in to reply

obewan2

obewan2

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have Windows XP Professional.

When watching web tv or streaming video, the screeen will shut off after 15 minutes unless the mouse is moved or spacebar or other key is tapped.

I have the time delay in display properties set to 2 hours, and I have screensaver set to none. Why is it doing this? This is annoying.

Edited by obewan2, 14 July 2009 - 05:48 AM.

Advertisements

Vectris

Vectris

• Pip
  • 4 posts
How did you set the time delay in Display Properties if you have the Screen Saver set to None? When set to None it should gray out the Time box and you can not change it. Anyways once it's set to None the time in it doesn't matter.

Have you also checked your Power Settings? Go to the Screen Saver tab and click the "Power..." button in the lower right. It should open to the Power Schemes Tab, then look at the labels near the bottom and find Turn off Monitor. If you have a laptop there will be two drop down boxes for it, one for plugged in and one for running on battery. Change them to a longer time such as an Hour and then try watching streaming video again.

obewan2

obewan2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I found power settings in control panel today. I set it to 2 hours for screen shut off. That should fix it. Thanks.