Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Desktop launches a program every time it gets focus.

• Please log in to reply

einniv

einniv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use remote desktop client here at work to sometimes access materials I have on my home PC. It has been working great for a long time but has an annoying problem. Every time I sign in to the home PC it launches a program. VLC media player is the program. I don't have the any programs specified to launch in options of the RDP connection dialog. It also will launch another copy of VLC every time the RD client window is restored from losing focus (i.e. i minimized it or switched to another program).

Since VLC is such a small program it is a minor annoyance more than a major problem but I just wondered if anyone had any idea why it might be doing this.

Both the home PC and the work PC are running Windows XP Pro and the client is the new one that came with SP3.

Advertisements