Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr Watson Message

• Please log in to reply

behemothproject

behemothproject

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok I have just setup my new pc, and when I boot up I recieve a dr watson message immediately. Posted below is my Hijack This log. Please advise [attachment=31803:Hijackthis.txt]

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
behemothproject. Welcome to Geeks to Go.

I am not good at the guessing game..... :) so can you please post the complete error message?
Hijack this logs do us no good in this forum.

Please give us some info on the computer you have?
Make and model?
How much memory?
Hard drive size? how much free spacce?
What OS are you using? What service pack?

behemothproject

behemothproject

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have not seen the message on the pc so far today, however ie keeps crashing and i checked the event viewer, the message that comes in there says "Faulting application iexplore.exe version 7.0.6000.16674, fault address 0x0009405c. What does this mean?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

behemothproject

behemothproject

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No crash dumps have been found on your computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled and no crash dumps have been found on your computer. In case your computer does experience sudden reboots it is likely these are caused by malfunctioning hardware or power failure. Then it's suggested you contact the support department of the manufacturer of your system or test your system with a memory test utility for further investigation.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is IE the only program giving you problems now?
What version is it?

Try Firefox by downloading it from my signature below. It is more secure and faster then IE. You can import all your Favorites into Firefox's Bookmarks thus not losing anything important. It also updates more then IE could ever do.

behemothproject

behemothproject

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes and my company cannot use firefox as a mainstream web browser

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
What version of IE are you running? If you're running Version 8 try going back to Version 7 and see if it stops crashing.

Edit: If possible, Google Chrome is another good alternative to IE.

Edited by mpascal, 15 July 2009 - 12:52 PM.

behemothproject

behemothproject

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
tried it on a previous machine still crashes scanned this pc for viruses came back clean

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You can have an addon or active x causing the crash.

I assume that you can still get into IE, even if for a little while. Lets try safemode for IE.

Use the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode
To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
You will get a IE window (with instructions) that you are running in safe mode with no addons or active x,

Note Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode is only available for Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8.

Alternate method
Open IE
Go to tools.
Go to manage addons
go to enable and disable addons
click on the addons and disable them all.

Try using IE. If it works and does not crash, you can re-enable 1 at a time till you find the 1 that is the problem.

Sometimes a addon, especially a toolbar will conflict.