Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet connection busted

• Please log in to reply

cytyelp

cytyelp

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hi,

i am currently dealing with a google redirect virus, and after running Combo-Fix and having everything work fine...the technician said to run it again while deleting two files with this prompt:

Driver::
srenum
ndisrd

File::
c:\windows\system32\drivers\srenum.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndisrd.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\srenum.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndisrd.sys

Registry::

after doing that my internet connection completely died. I checked everything and under the advanced the it said that my WMI may have been corrupted and to do a system restore. The system restore did nothing, so I also tried to rebuild the repository. Nothing seems to be working though.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Head over to device manager by right clicking My Computer and clicking Manage. Are there any red x's or yellow exclamation marks over your network adapter?

cytyelp

cytyelp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The wireless and the regular wired connection is offline. I tried using the VAIO wireless recovery and it says that it doesn't even see a wireless adapter in the computer.