Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bogus Sign In and Sign Off on AOL

• Please log in to reply

GalInNeed

GalInNeed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone. I am new and I am so glad you are here. Thank you in advance for any help you may offer me.

I have had a strange experience today that HAS ME BAFFLED (caps used for emphasis and not yelling)

I was in a chat room on AOL. I was also on an IM with my best friend. A girl, a trouble maker in the chat room announces to the room that I signed off and back on again when I had not done that.

About a minute later, my friend on IM asks... "ARE YOU STILL THERE?" I responded yes and why ask? HE says that my computer said I signed off and back on again. This kept happening until the girl left the chat room.

MY QUESTION: Is there any way this woman could do this to my computer? If so, how? If so, What can I do about it?

This has never happened to me before until today. And it stopped happening after she left. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. I feel so exposed and vulnerable.

Thank you so much. :)

Advertisements