Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need a new laptop

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm looking for a new laptop. I want a small laptop for school that has a CD-ROM/DVD drive. But I'm not sure if I should get a small cheap laptop or the expensive mac?

I also need to make sure that if I do get a laptop of an "Acer", what is the best anti-spyware, Virus Protection to purchase?

Please help me out!!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Mac are totally different to Windows, the learning curve isn't mega-ridiculous but if you're used to Windows, a jump to a Mac may be a bit of a shock to the system. They only have one mouse button for starters, whereas Windows was built around three-buttoned mice.