Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Site does not load in Firefox Correctly

• Please log in to reply

gyanijee

gyanijee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I am trying to help a friend with his website.

There is a lot of extra spacing between frames in firefox, but the exact same page loads in IE perfectly.
Please advise.

http://www.yudh.net/

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Lot of people think it is a problem with Firefox because IE "seems" to be parsing page correctly. It's rarely the case as Firefox is a lot closer to being fully CSS 2.1 compliant than IE.

Some HTML coding errors that may be causing the problem with cross-browser compatibility for you -

HTML Errors

BTW, the site is not using frames, but table tags. Those went out in the late 1990s and should NOT BE USED for the doctype (XHTML 1.0) being used unless the content is tabular data. Then tables can be used.

Might want to read Images, Tables, and Mysterious Gaps by Mozilla.

dylangle3

dylangle3

• Pip
  • 8 posts
It is ok on my end.

I just saw a frame which is not the trend this these days... hehehe
aside from that its OK.

Luke1988

Luke1988

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
i agree with Major Payne, tables should not be used for web page layout as they cause loads of problems with compatibility.

DIV tags are a better way of setting out a web page and offer different types of positioning so you can get it looking exactly how you want. and once you get used to them its a much easier way of designing.

www.w3schools.com is a good site to learn new techniques.

if you want to try and test your current site... validator.w3.org is a site that will make sure you page meets the current web standards and will show you how to change and problems within the code.

Hope this helps **Luke**