I have an older PC that uses Windows 2000, but I doubt that would prevent me from making Lightscribe labels since the external burner is doing most of the work. Also, I have used the external burner to burn data and video/audio content to CDs/DVDs (even Lightscribe) succesfully for quite sometime. However, when I tried to print (burn) the label to Lightscribe DVD (making sure the label side was down in the DVD drive, etc.), I got the above error message.
The first time I attempted to print a label, I got one of those "your PC's virtual memory is low" warning messages. I only had a couple of other small things opened (including Notepad), so I closed that out so that Lightscribe was the only active program (but a couple of small things, such as my Macafee virus program sometimes operate in the background).
Here is a brief summary of what happens and what defaults I used:
1) Before I created the label, I selected the "make your labels darker" within the Lightscribe software's contrast settings.
2) Then, I successfully created and saved my label using a digital photo and added some text (it looks great!) After I previewed the label, I select the "print lightscribe label option."
3) It defaults to the "Best" quality setting, and I leave it there because this is the quality I want. Then, I hit "print."
4) The software "prepares the label for printing" and successfully finishes this to the 100% on the blue progress bar.
5) You see the green LED indictor light on the burner light up, and the "printing progress" shows 0% and then the "time remaining" counts down from 22:06, until it gets to 21:53, but then it goes back to 22:06 again and it does this a couple of times (still showing 0% progress). After about 5 minutes, I get the "Print process failed: An internal error occurred" message. The green light continues to flash, but nothing is printed on the DVD (I have to shut the burner off to stop the process and eject the disk).
There is no other information besides the error message (ie: no log, no further explanation as to why the printing did not work, etc.). How can I troubleshoot the error and resolve it?
Any help is appreciated!