Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"An Internal Error" When Burning With Nero 7 Essentials!

• Please log in to reply

ronsweet2

ronsweet2

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Nero 7 Essentials came bundled with my (external) Sony DVD Lightscribe burner. I installed the software sucessfully, and then used it to create a Lightscribe label which I attempted to print to one of my Lightscribe DVDs. However, when I printed the label, I got the "Print process failed: An internal error occurred" message.

I have an older PC that uses Windows 2000, but I doubt that would prevent me from making Lightscribe labels since the external burner is doing most of the work. Also, I have used the external burner to burn data and video/audio content to CDs/DVDs (even Lightscribe) succesfully for quite sometime. However, when I tried to print (burn) the label to Lightscribe DVD (making sure the label side was down in the DVD drive, etc.), I got the above error message.

The first time I attempted to print a label, I got one of those "your PC's virtual memory is low" warning messages. I only had a couple of other small things opened (including Notepad), so I closed that out so that Lightscribe was the only active program (but a couple of small things, such as my Macafee virus program sometimes operate in the background).

Here is a brief summary of what happens and what defaults I used:

1) Before I created the label, I selected the "make your labels darker" within the Lightscribe software's contrast settings.

2) Then, I successfully created and saved my label using a digital photo and added some text (it looks great!) After I previewed the label, I select the "print lightscribe label option."

3) It defaults to the "Best" quality setting, and I leave it there because this is the quality I want. Then, I hit "print."

4) The software "prepares the label for printing" and successfully finishes this to the 100% on the blue progress bar.

5) You see the green LED indictor light on the burner light up, and the "printing progress" shows 0% and then the "time remaining" counts down from 22:06, until it gets to 21:53, but then it goes back to 22:06 again and it does this a couple of times (still showing 0% progress). After about 5 minutes, I get the "Print process failed: An internal error occurred" message. The green light continues to flash, but nothing is printed on the DVD (I have to shut the burner off to stop the process and eject the disk).

There is no other information besides the error message (ie: no log, no further explanation as to why the printing did not work, etc.). How can I troubleshoot the error and resolve it?

Any help is appreciated!

Ron

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download and install EVEREST
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

Also what kind of printer do you have?

ronsweet2

ronsweet2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Here you are. I have an HP Laserjet 5P printer. Let me know what else you need and thanks for any help!!

-------[ EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer USER-CUJSDLKMFE
Generator Ron
Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional 5.0.2195 (Win2000 Retail)
Date 2009-07-15
Time 21:20

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 4
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name USER-CUJSDLKMFE
User Name Ron

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 1005 MHz (7.5 x 134)
Motherboard Name Asus TUSL2-C (6 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 1 CNR, 3 DIMM)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Solano i815EP
System Memory 256 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award Medallion (01/04/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Technologies Inc. RAGE XL AGP 2X (8 MB)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (11492)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter C-Media CMI8738/C3DX Audio Device

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller Adaptec AHA-2940U/AHA-2940UW PCI SCSI Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive IOMEGA ZIP 250 (94 MB, IDE)
Disk Drive WDC WD800JB-00JJC0 (74 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive Memorex DVD+R/RW 2.4x8AA
Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191A USB Device
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 76308 MB (12550 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)

Network:
Network Adapter 3Com EtherLink XL 10/100 PCI TX NIC (3C905B-TX) (75.68.217.213)

Peripherals:
Printer HP LaserJet 5P
USB1 Controller Intel 82801BA ICH2X - USB Controller 1 [B-0]
USB1 Controller Intel 82801BA ICH2X - USB Controller 2 [B-0]
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
Battery APC UPS
Battery APC UPS

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is one issue I see real quick
System Memory 256 MB
This is not enough memory for XP to function correctly without trying to run a lightscribe operation.
Sweet spot for XP is 1 gig of memory. This is most likely the cause of your low virtual memory error.
It hasn't been a problem till now because you never tried to print a graphic intensive label like a lightscribe would be.

I suggest you consider bringing your memory up to one gig or max which ever is more cost effective for you. To do this follow the next step.

Go HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system. You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

ronsweet2

ronsweet2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is what the scan found:
Scan Id: 446A99CC31D926C3

Our System Scanner couldn't make a complete match, but we can still help you find the right memory upgrade.
Please manually select your manufacturer, product line, and model from the drop-down lists below:

AGXeroxXFXZenithZeosZOTAC I can't find it
Product Line: Select Product Line I can't find it
Model: Select Model I can't find it

We are here to help you find the right memory for your system.

Send us an e-mail
Scan ID Number: 446A99CC31D926C3

*Email Address:

Your computer manufacturer:

Your computer model:

Your computer platform: unknown desktop notebook server

*Comments/Question: We have received your question. Response times vary, but you will receive a response from a Crucial representative.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:
System Manufacturer: N.A.
System Model: N.A.
Motherboard Manufacturer: N.A.
Motherboard Model: N.A.

Your Computer Specifications
Slot 1 Slot 2 Slot 3
Maximum Memory Capacity: 512 MB
Currently Installed Memory: N.A.
Available Memory Slots: 3
Total Memory Slots: 3
Dual Channel Support: N.A.
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel Pentium III processor Model 8, Stepping 6
CPU Speed: 1005 MHz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for your help. You mentioned "XP" but keep in mind that I am actually using Win2000. Does that make a difference? Obbiously, my PC is really old and I don't want to put much money into it.

You said: "I suggest you consider bringing your memory up to one gig or max which ever is more cost effective for you."
What is (or what do you mean by) "max"?

Can I do this somehow with an "external" option (I really don't have the know how to open up the computer and stick in a memory card, unless it is really, really obvious and easy). Or is my only option a "memory card" that I would have to insert in the PC myself? And lastly, am I going to have to replace what is in there now, or simply add to it? With a computer as old as mine, how could I even be sure that what I get (unless an external option) would even fit? My PC is a "clone", meaning it was custom built about c. 10 years ago. It is labeled as an "AMC" but that doesn't tell me much about what is inside or how to determine what kind of memory upgrade I need.

Thanks! Ron