Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVI to HDMI cable+DVI M to F+F Question

• Please log in to reply

darkday101

darkday101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a computer and a hd TV. I am wanting to be able to have my computer in full HD viewing on my TV while having my current monitor fully functional. So I plan on getting a DVI to HDMI cable and a DVI Male to Female+Female splitter. So I dont have to keep unhooking and rehooking cables every time I wanna view my computer differently. But im not sure if the DVI cable splitter will still show HD with the DVI to HDMI cable.

So yea...anyone care to clear it up for me? I am not real sure if I am able to do this with HD...dont want to buy 2 things from online that I probably wont be able to return to get my cash back since im getting it from Office Depots online store...and their return policies are really strict...

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
best way is to get a video card that supports 2 video outputs, that way you can have a cable to the monitor and the TV.