Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Netgear Router DG834G

• Please log in to reply

Don Giles

Don Giles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Set this thing up this morning on the PC. Installation went like a dream. I had replaced a WBR - T2 which I thought was unstable.
I have recorded all usernames and passwords for the Netgear so I proceded then to log on to the Laptop. Here's the problem. I had chosen wireless security WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK since the instructions said this was the most secure and the Laptop is a 2007 model so should support this but I cannot find it.
Now when I try to access the router to change the settings, my passwords are rejected though I am sure I have noted them correctly.
So can I uninstall the router, unplug it and start again using WEP which the laptop does support.
Gone on a bit !

Don Giles.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

So can I uninstall the router, unplug it and start again using WEP which the laptop does support.

yes....if by uninstall you mean reset it back to factory defaults....if you look in the manual for your router you should be able to find the steps....MOST routers you hold in the little reset button on the back while plugging in the power and it will reset it back to the way it shipped