Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help with my computer help

• Please log in to reply

SophiaLetitia

SophiaLetitia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello....
only just signed up but i need help, firstly I reset my boyfriends laptop back from windows 7 to vista but even since he downloaded IMVU then he's had to reset it quite a few times which brings me on to the second thing, he also has norton on his laptop, but when he downloaded IMVU it shut off his norton so he couldn't use it anymore which has made him wipe his laptop yet again!!

I have also had a virus when i've downloaded IMVU and haven't been able to use my anti virus anymore, so i've had to try and remove it but haven't succeded as it won't go.

which makes me think whats the point in IMVU if its just going to take down computers with the bugs??

if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help :)

also I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove an account off the IMVU chat rooms or chat now?

thanks

Sophia x

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
I'd say it's time you go to the Malware Forum and read the stickies located at the top, especially this one.
The guides will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. Then you can post a OTL log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. Only after a three day wait may you move to The Waiting Room where you will be on the top of the list to be helped. A three day wait is 72 hours.. Make sure it has been over that amount of time, or your Waiting Room topic will be closed.

As for removing IMVU accounts, I have no idea. :) Never heard of it until now..
Maybe someone else knows?

-Jason :)

Edited by OpenOutcome, 15 July 2009 - 05:40 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The rating for IMVU at McAfee can be viewed HERE. McAfee actually gives it a thumbs up.

For those that are curios (and I was) IMVU Community

How to close your account

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
According to my friend, IMVU gave her spyware problems about a week later - and through a Google search many people say they had problems after downloading it as well. The program is supposed to take a lot of memory to run as well - so people experiencing a slower comp, probably just short memory.

IMVU and other game and chat programs act similar to some viruses. They keep a real time connection to the internet and transmit data back and forth. That's probably why some people's AV's act up through it.

Not sure of actual viral problems.. I've never used the program, and don't plan on it - so don't ask me :)

-Jason :)