Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office Error

• Please log in to reply

zabb

zabb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I try to open any microsoft office (2007) program, I get a "Configuration Process" window.

How do I get this to stop? I tried to google around and I couldn't find a way for it to stop. I have uninstalled it 5 times, one of those times was from the microsoft help article where I also deleted registry keys and assorted folders.

Also: on programs completely unrelated to microsoft office, ( such as vb programs) a popup will come up saying It has to reconfigure microsoft office, and it will not continue with the program until this finishes.

Edited by zabb, 15 July 2009 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

"The user account which is launching the Office program lacks needed access to a number of registry keys and subkeys that are checked when an Office program is launched. The solution is to correct the permissions for these keys and subkeys".

This Microsoft article should help you out there.

Make sure you create a New System Restore point as you are dealing with the registry here which could cause you problems if something is completed incorrectly.