Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Embarrasing amount of Deadzones

• Please log in to reply

Beta55

Beta55

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
So I got this D-link DIR-615, Version C1 I believe? And everything's already been a hassle already. DS is just not good for wifi so I have to turn off all security when my sister wishes to use it. Whenever I try to port forward to get a good NAT type on my PS3 (Preferably 2) my internet screws up. And the main problem, say I go to the next room, with my Playstation Portable. I scan and I'm getting like 30%? What the heck? Then I move a bit to the right and I'm getting 65%. And this is in the same house! I'm getting my friends access point at 35% that lives 2 houses away and he has like a 2-3 year old linksys. The best-buy guy persuaded me into getting a D-link -_- , now look. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I unmix the connection out of N and just g and b? Should I enable something? I would prefer somebody just give me a configuration file for the d-link options, but any help is appreciated. (BTW, I have 12 days to return it)

http://www.bestbuy.c...amp;catid=26055

^Fixed^
Changed Channel, d-link owns, get it....

Edited by Beta55, 16 July 2009 - 07:48 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could try turning the N portion off and just doing G/B (especially if you don't have any N devices)....when it's in mixed mode it's SUPPOSED to supply all versions of 802.11 at the same time...in my experience some N routers (especially earlier models before the standard was ratified) don't actually do that very well...and converting them to straight g/b routers helps

also....wireless connections are line of site...anything in the path of the signal will cause problems...there's a chance that there's something metal in your walls (metal studs are horrible for wireless connections) or possibly some wiring in the walls that are causing dead spots