Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is my Explorer getting Tired

• Please log in to reply

joeybach

joeybach

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi all; :)

I have a very annoying problem with my Explorer 8 web browser.

I need to close my explorer and re-open it quite often (as much as once an hour) because some very desired pop-up windows just do not load completely (showing "unknown zone") as if they are tired (my description).

An example of this would be reading an article in some site and then requesting the printable version. This opens a new window. After about an hour of explorer use, the desired window just doesn't load. My temporary solution has been to close all explorer windows and re-open them. At which point, the desired window opens immediately. The same story with pictures I wish to open to full size. When a new window is opened - it sometimes just does not load completely . And this seems to be a function of how much time I have been using the explorer. Is my explorer tired?

Any ideas how to solves this?

Edited by joeybach, 16 July 2009 - 07:25 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try running IE with no add-ons. To do this follow the next steps and reply back with results

To disable add-ons in Internet Explorer 8

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.

3. Under Show, click All add-ons.

4. Click the add-on you want to disable, and then click Disable.

5. Repeat step 4 for every add-on you want to disable. When you are finished, click Close.

Now restart IE and retry IE as before. Let us know if it still happens or not. If not then try enabling one add on at a time and trying IE again till you find the problem.
Most times the cause will be a toolbar add on.

Edited by rshaffer61, 16 July 2009 - 07:49 AM.

joeybach

joeybach

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you for your quick replay :)

I have dissabled all the add ons as you suggested.

But how do I determine which ones I want and which ones I do not need at all?

For instance, I have seen that some advertisements do not show up. (no great loss indeed) And I have received a few direct requests to go to manage your add ons and change the settings.

So which ones yes and which ones no?
:)

(at least this time the smiley window opened and loaded)

Edited by joeybach, 16 July 2009 - 08:19 AM.

joeybach

joeybach

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Ok - I am now pretty sure that dissabling the "add on"s didnt do the trick.

After about 30 minutes of Explorer time - Again I found the same problem returned: that windows would not completely load and thus not open.

I tried closing all Explorer windows completely and reopening Explorer as before - and Walla! Just as before that did the trick - but again only temporarily.

Now I am left with the same problem AND all of my "add on"s are dissabled.

Now what do I do?

Edited by joeybach, 16 July 2009 - 08:41 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry for the long response time.
Please download Firefox from my signature below and try it.
If the problem does not happen with Firefox then the we assume that IE8 is the problem.
At that point we can uninstall IE8 and then try the previous version you had. If problem then does not happen then you would have to update IE again to 8 and the problem should go away.