Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot Issues Win XP Pro HELP...

• Please log in to reply

cradl

cradl

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Ok tried to run recoveory console for error on boot up (corrupted isapnp.sys file). Now I have on boot up Options Windows XP or Windows XP set up. Go to sett up and I get this and it says inspecting computer and F6 and all that then black screen that says(The file isapnp.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue.) I do that and get (Set up failed. Press any key to restart your computer). Same thing happens when I go to boot from Windows cd same answer. When I go into Win XP on start up I log on and when I try and type or open something it loggs me off and I have to log back on and then I play that fun game over and over. I can boot into safe mode and it doesn't kick me out....Any suggestions or help. Ran Malwarebytes in safe mode and found 64 infections and got rid of them.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK first lets get you back into windows by following the steps located HERE at Microsoft support.

If this works then immediately:

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Even when I try to boot from cd it says inspecting computer and then bam I get the same error and the same results.....

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

when I try to boot from cd

What CD is it?
Are you sure, you see this message at the startup:
Press any key to boot from CD

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Yes it is the Win XP cd and ti syas that then the screen flashes to witch to boot from Win XP or Win XP startup just a flash and then goes into inspecting computer and f^ for raid or what ever then bam I get hit with the isapnp.sys is corrupted. nad then so on what I have stated before...

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
OK, but what exactly are you doing, or want to do with that CD?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried booting to the Recovery Console with the XP cd?

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
If you mean tring to just boot to the cd so I get the screen telling me what do I want to do? I can't even get to the blue screen asking the questions...All I get is isapnp.sys corrupted. I can access the cd in the rom if that helps. As soon as I try to type anything it goes to log on again but I can use the mouse.

Edited by cradl, 16 July 2009 - 08:19 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It looks like RAM problem.

If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.
NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below.
If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest: http://www.techspot....topic62524.html

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Ok I will try that. So you mean it is a ram problem for the log off issue? Also will I be able to run repair console after this?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Yes, but you have to make your computer bootable to something, first.

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Ok will try removing some mem. let you know. Thanks

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Ok removed both of sticks and replaced them alternating, same reult with as soon as I try something it logs off. I can get to desktop and use stuff but the min. I try and type it logs off

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

removed both of sticks and replaced them alternating

Do you mean, you switched slots, or you started computer with one stick at a time?

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
One at a time. Also is there a way to get the Option to boot to Win Xp or Win Xp start up off so it just boots to XP. Just s thought that might be an issue because when I say boot to cd it flashes that screen the says starting windows setup then error with sys. file.