Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No connection

• Please log in to reply

DrewS010

DrewS010

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My power went out last night and when it came back on my computer was unable to connect to the internet. It is hooked to a router directly through an ethernet cable. The same one the computer I am currently using is connected to.

I've had this problem before, last time our power went out the same thing happened. I took it to a computer shop and I didn't get it back for another month and all they had to say was they didn't know what was wrong with it and to take it home it should work fine. When plugged into the internet at the shop it worked fine. After I got it back I took it home, hooked it up and it didn't work. So I turned around and went back. They hooked it up and it worked and said they don't know what the problem is, maybe my network. The guy said try again and call if it doesn't work he'll stop by and see if he can fix it. So I took the computer back home, plugged it all back in, and it worked fine.

So now I seem to be having the same problem, the modem is fine. It's a 2Wire from at&t. There is nothing wrong with the cables, I've tried multiple ones. I have no idea what the problem could be, but I'm hoping someone else here will, so I don't have to wait another month for nothing.

My Networks is also empty. I don't recall it being empty the last time I had this problem.

Advertisements