Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Powerline Networking

• Please log in to reply

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Just a quick question.. i was buying a few of these the other day, ordered them and then got an email saying they were out of stock and then another email a few weeks later saying that they were not being manurfactured anymore and we'd have to re-order something else.

Why have they stopped manurfacturing them and why could they not recoment anything in its place?

Thanks

Spud

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Very vague in details like "of these" and "stopped manurfacturing them" does not convey any information to help you with.

First off, with the limited info, and a guess at your problem, I would ask for a refund immediately. Not a credit, but a refund as they did not deliver as advertised.

Secondly, please read How Power-line Networking Works as I believe there are some alternative products listed.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Sorry i was in a hurry when i posted previsoulsy.

For the 'of these' i meant to post a link but forgot to add the bb codes :$
And the 'stopped manurfacturing them' was meant to be realted to the link i forgot to post.

They did not charge me as they the company charges when the item is dispatched, and i was just wondering if anyone knows why they are so hard to come across and some places have stopped manurfacturing the units as they seem very popular indeed.

Thanks again

Spud

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This site allows you to contact EVERY Power-line Manufacturer: Power Line Product

I don't think it is that hard to come across. It seems there are plenty of sources out there.