Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hardrive recommentdations?

• Please log in to reply

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
I'm looking for a new harddrive (relativley Cheap) that i will be able to run an opertatng system off e.g fast enough ect..

i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i'm looking for in a harddrive and weather the one i found looks good enough?

http://www.google.co...s#techSpecSect1

Thanks

Spud

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It's a standard hard drive, nothing more than can be said about it. A terabyte is plenty, current hard drives are about as fast as they're going to get while they're still mechanical units.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Go seagate or western digital. They are by far the most reliable. Also as long as you get a sata drive that is not labled as "environmentally friendly" then they should all run at about the same speed, or not noticablly different to most people.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
okay, thanks for the help guys :)