Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

when i try to download there is a prolem with %APPDATA%. help please&#

• Please log in to reply

sillymoo6

sillymoo6

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) HI,idont know much about the workings of computers!! We have had our comp for 1 year and had no probs till now. Every time i try to download something, it says it cant complete due %APPDATA%. I have no idea what this means!! Also itunes wont load as it says it cant find the folder! I have tried a registry cleanup but there is a few problems that just wont go away!
If anyone could help me, i would be very grateful!!! PLEASE!!

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello hello,

Is this the error?

Error 1606: Could Not Access Network Location %APPDATA%\ ?

If so, this page will help you.
LINK

Make sure you are checking the vista table. If you need more help, holler. Seems a lot of people have this problem.

-Jason :)

Edit: Since vista doesn't have a "run" icon, right on the Startup menu - and you

dont know much about the workings of computers

Thought you should know you can just type:
Regedit.exe
into the search bar when clicking on the Start Icon.

:)

Edited by OpenOutcome, 17 July 2009 - 06:08 PM.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts

I have tried a registry cleanup but there is a few problems that just wont go away!

For future reference, I highly recommend that you don't use any registry cleaners on your PC. These can really damage a system and they rarely solve any problems :)

-mp

sillymoo6

sillymoo6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thankyou for your replies :)
Jason thanks ,that is the error that comes up, and i will try what the link suggests later and let u know if it works! :)
Mp thankyou, i just wish i had found this site sooner! I hope t hasnt done too much damage to my computer! :)

sillymoo6

sillymoo6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:) :) A BIG BIG THANKYOU jason!!!
I have just done everything on the link you sent me and it seems to have worked so once again THANKYOU!!! :) I wish i had found this site sooner and will def be recommending you guys to my friends xx xx

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Haha - your very welcome. :)