Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant play cd/dvd on tv after putting photos on

• Please log in to reply

veryoldwoman

veryoldwoman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there, I have been trying to burn a cd or dvd with all my photos on to play on my tv. each time it doesnt work, although I can see them on my computer. I have gone into a shop and put them on a cd and it has then played on my dvd player? how can I do the same myself?
I have window vista home premium and have used the microsoft programme to burn the cd/dvd and using discs maxell cd-r and tdk dvd-r
thanks so much!
X

Advertisements

Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I'm not really tech savvy, but I do know that there is a difference between how a computer and a DVD player decodes the media for playback. Someone with more tech experience would be better able to explain it or maybe give you some direction on what to do next. :) Sorry I couldn't help you more.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How are you burning them to the media as far as what are you burning them as?
Data
Video
Pictures

It will make a difference how you burn them

What format are the pictures in?

BMP
JPG
PNG
TIFF
GIF
ICO

This could also be a reason

Edited by rshaffer61, 17 July 2009 - 01:02 PM.

veryoldwoman

veryoldwoman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi rshaffer61
thanks for the reply, I am not sure how i am burning them? I just ask windows to put them on a cd-r or a dvd-r but they are jpeg, any more help you can give me will be gratefull received! I also tried little bits of video I did with my camera, that also wond play on my tv. but will on my computer. but I am more intersted in getting the photos sorted if possible. Thanks again