Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

google search bar

• Please log in to reply

pmc28734

pmc28734

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure even how to phrase this, having not participated in a chat room before, so here goes: I have installed a Google search bar on my computer along witha deskbar.
I am finding that whenever I conduct a search, say for a college football sports info, etc. that the engine lists a stored number of searches, including the most recent search and the website I last clicked on when researching that subject.
I want to remove this feature; the storing of previous searches on my computer. If I want to keep a site, I usually insert that site into my Favorites index for future reference.
I also do not want a list of ever search I've ever conducted available to whoever is working on my computer should it go in for repairs, not to mention all the spyware running around.
Any suggestions?

Advertisements

turkey2489

turkey2489

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I encountered this myself and finally found the answer. This has nothing to do with Google it's a feature of Internet Explorer 5.0, which can disable using its menu.

To disable this feature on Internet Explorer 5.0, go to the Tools menu; select Internet Options; select the Content tab. Within the Personal Information area, select AutoComplete. Click on Clear Forms. You can also uncheck the Forms box in this same window to keep this from occurring in the future.

(You can verify this by going elsewhere on the web to fill out a form and then return to that same page on which you filled out the form.)

Alternatively, you can delete individual entries from the history by using the Down arrow key to select a previous search, and then pressing Delete while an unwanted search is highlighted.