Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VB Express 2008 - Loading Data

• Please log in to reply

notquiteanexpert

notquiteanexpert

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi guys,

I'm experienced with VBA, but new to VB.net. I'm using VB express 2008 and want to know how to read/write from a local database (.sdf) using the equivalent of recordsets etc.

I have checked forums everywhere & sample code and can't find exactly what I'm after. Most sample code show you how to output data in the db table to the datagridview and allow you to modify directly from there. Rather than this, I want to read all records from a table into a recordset or array, then be able to add additional records or modify existing ones all from the recordset or array.

Can someone please help me with the above (supposedly) relatively simple request?? I don't know a lot about TableAdapters etc, so it would be appreciated if you could be simple with your response!!

Thanks so much in advance.

Advertisements

notquiteanexpert

notquiteanexpert

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi guys,

Please disregard - I've worked it out through trial and error.

For those interested, I used tableadapters and datasets...(this is probably very simple for those who know what they're doing!!).

Cheers