Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Webcam

• Please log in to reply

reload147

reload147

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Ive tried to mess about with it's settings but no luck...

here is how it looks like
Posted Image

Had the same problem with logitech cheap webcam but lived with it..but because now i got windows lifecam vx-6000 i don't want this =(

help!

my bros laptop webcam is better than this :s

Edited by reload147, 19 July 2009 - 01:52 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
That's not a bad picture actually, it's not as grainy as I thought it was going to be. That's better than most cheap camcorders you can get, I must say.
Bear in mind that's a 1280x1024 picture and very few people will be seeing it at 1280x1024 unless they have a ridiculously huge monitor in the first place.
Most people will only be seeing it as a small picture probably less than half of the size of that, and as the resolution goes down so the quality looks better.

reload147

reload147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
hmmm true :) i think its lighting(researched on google) or the hardware(got preety old computer)
Cant be the webcam cause it was once £75 not cheap at all.... bought it for £30.. on sale

Edited by reload147, 19 July 2009 - 09:08 AM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Quite a lot of webcams and cheaper digital cameras generate "grainy" looking images under artificial light. So there probably isn't a lot you can do about it unless you use it exclusively outside.

On the basis you'll never use that picture anywhere at 1280x1024 anyway, I really would not worry about it. It will be shrunk. What the eye don't see the photographer gets away with.

reload147

reload147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
soo very true.. thanks Neil :)