Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Loss of sound after moving house.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone.
After moving house a few days ago I set up my PC to find that I have lost all sound. I was using a simple Logitech set of speakers which served me well, until my PC was unplugged and moved to my new place.

The volume bar still registers sound activity, such as when I activate I-Tunes. But the speakers play nothing. I've tried everything on Vista to find the problem, but I only get messages telling me that everything is 'working properly'.

The speakers connect to my pc with two cables; one with a pink head and the other with a light green head. I've plugged these into matching colour ports on the back of my PC and it still doesn't work.

I really can't explain any more. Does anyone have any idea what is preventing me from hearing sound now? Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

• 34,114 posts
Are the speakers powered by electric?
Have you tried a different pair of speakers?

Check speaker connection to back of system
Check volume control in windows by doing the following:
Go to Start and The Run
Type in sndvol32.exe and press Enter
Make sure Master Volume is not muted and turned up
Check Cd Player volume is not muted and turned up