Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Many Duplicate emails on Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply

somacs

somacs

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My wife has found that when she does not read her emails for several days she will receive over 800 emails, most of which are duplicates (up to 20 of the same email). Most of the duplicates will have nothing inside them, but MUST be opened in order to be deleted. She is running Windows Mail on Vista (32 bit) and we have RoadRunner as our ISP.

She also can read and delete emails from our mail server (while at work and not on her computer), but they will also show up on her computer if she does not open her email at home for several days.

I ensured that the box for "Leave a copy of messages on server" is not checked and she has no rules created.

I've seen only one post on another thread with no response regarding this issue, but refuse to believe it can only happen to us.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Duplicate mails are usually ISP's mail server problem. I'd contact them.

Stusa

Stusa

• Pip
  • 5 posts
where did they hide "Leave a copy of messages on server" in vista
Thanks stusa

gemlady521

gemlady521

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been having similar problem for the past week. None of roadrunner's suggestions have worked including turning off e-mail & browser protection in Norton Antivirus. I even uninstalled it completed for 36 hours, duplicate problems continue. They've reset my accounts, etc., etc. Bottom line is it doesn't look as though they have a solution. Have you had any resolution for this problem?

VinnyTAMU

VinnyTAMU

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
What protocol are you using to get your mail messages? POP3 or IMAP? You should see it if you look at the properties for your mail box.

gemlady521

gemlady521

• Pip
  • 2 posts
POP3. I checked the config of my accounts and ran the "repair" tool this past weekend, nothing's changed.