Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP f1703 Monitor Powering Off

• Please log in to reply

Sentinel

Sentinel

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello there,

I went to setup an old desktop to watch DVDs and listen to music but the monitor won't stay on for more than 10 minutes. There are no problems with the screen but it will suddenly go dark (the blue power button still glowing). The only way to turn it on is pressing the power button. The time it stays on after that is variable, from 5-10 seconds to a minute. Rarely, before occurring the first time, the monitor dims slightly before going black.

Is this a video card problem (NVIDIA GeForce FX5200XT, already reinstalled drivers) or a monitor issue? I don't remember having any problems with the monitor before plugging it into my laptop.

Any ideas/help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements