Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply

jono05

jono05

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have gone into system restore, got as far as the Confirm Restore Point, click next and nothing happens?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jono

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
different restore point?

and, why are you doing a system restore

jono05

jono05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have tryed a different point and still the same..

I want to restore it since there was a major problem, i fixed it but dll versions are all out of date, i dont have time to play with it and fix all of the bugs, doing the restore is much quicker and more effective! :tazz:

Thanks

Jono

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the problem is likely you have a corrupt restore point....and if one is corrupt, system restore will not work.

The usually method is clear all of them and then allow system restore to begin recreating, but that may not be an option given your situation. What is the problem that is "major"

jono05

jono05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The ntoskrnl became corrupted, this was reinstalled and the c:\windows\system32\conf\(system,security,default,sam,software) files were also reinstalled. I am currently trying a repair off of the actual XP cd that i just found.. that should sort it though.

Jono

Edited by jono05, 12 May 2005 - 08:40 AM.